What are all the ways you can get your students to the web site you want to teach with?
- Work in the schools computer lab.
- Provide a link on my My Teacher Pages.
- Send a note home with the URL.
- Make a short-cut on the computers or laptops.
- Provide time in the classroom for work.. like centers time or something.
What are some possible objectives (use Bloom’s Verbs):
- Construct a learning environment where I can describe instructional tools to students.
- Identify useful Literacy Information for them to review via the internet.
- They will examine the website and apply their knowledge or information that they have gained to quizzes and/or worksheets provided.
- They will show their understanding through those assessment techniques.
How might you use firefox in delivering your instruction?
- The use of multiple tabs.
- Through an Infocus Machine.
- Have it on the students computers.
- Examine its uses?
What are some UDL strategies you could use with this site?
- Option to use Internet instead of library
- Web sites/software with leveled management system
- Set of pre-chosen links to relevant web sites
- Links to web sites with primary sources, images, sounds, and video
- Additional background knowledge
- Provide multiple examples
How might you assess your students learning?
- Observing them when i walk around the room.
- have them fill out a worksheet that goes along with the site.
- print out the pages they worked on.
- quiz them on the information.
- have them work on a kwl chart at home or in class.
- have each student write in their journal what they did and when they started and finished.